Driving down the ramp on sawgrass express way with my dad going 65 MPH with my windows down, music blasting, sunshine rays blinding my eyes, I’m driving like there is nothing that is going to stop me. I turn to my dad for a quick second and look back on the road and realize something straight in the middle of the one lane ramp. I didn’t realize what it was until my dad yells out “turtle!” First thing I do was slam on my breaks to save the precious creature. Luckily, there were no cars behind me the moment I slammed on my breaks because the sight would not have been pleasant.
Right away I quickly get out of my car to go save the turtle, and as I start approaching it, I turn around and realize I created and caused a huge traffic jam behind my car. The line of cars behind me looked like it went on for miles, I could not see the last car approaching. People start honking their car horns like crazy, flicking me off, and yelling,”get off the damn street!” At that moment I didn’t give a crap of what people were saying or thinking. I wanted to save this turtle, and thats what I was going to do. Thankfully, He wasn’t harmed or hurt at all as I came to pick him up to move him off the road. He was medium sized, with cute yellow round spots on his arms and legs, and yellow circles on his shell. His eyes were the most adorable because they were so big and looked like it was popping out of his face. He also had this really pretty lined design on his shelI, he was the most beautiful turtle I had ever seen. So I walked to the nearest grass area where there was a little pond, which was right close by, and I put him there, safe and sound.
I am walking back to my car and see the look on my dads face, embarrassed, but proud. I smile back at him, kind of chuckling because of all the commotion going on for this. He gives me this look of hurry up already, so I run back to my car with the noise of people yelling, and annoying car horns honking. I take my shift gear off park and put it on drive and continue driving home like nothing happened, but I had such a good feeling. I looked in my side mirror one last time, and start cracking up because of all the cars stuck because of me. Don’t get me wrong. I did feel bad. But I would not take it back because I was able to save an amazing creature and had the best feeling in the world at that moment.

I was very interested in Donna Saig's Blog it was very creative with the picture of the dog and the background layout blended with the picture. One thing i think she could do to make it better is add a couple more things or add a little more photos. I also like the font style she used for her title.
ReplyDeleteI loved the story, it was really funny how you stopped traffic and everyone was mad at you. You were very discriptive but you could be a little more with your senses. Great blog all together, love the background!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting story, and I can relate to that area. I think a few more things could be added to the page to help visualize your obsession. I liked how the picture of the turtle matched the description of the one in the story.
ReplyDeleteFunny story about stopping traffic for only a turtle. You must really like turtles to cause that much chaos to make sure it gets into a safe location. I could really visualize your story because of your good description, but I would include some type of quotation of people speaking to get a better understanding.
ReplyDeleteI liked your story a lot and you wrote it like a movie. I could visualize the traffic behind you Nice job.
ReplyDelete